Harmony Habitat’s Eco Healthy Homes Project is supporting the research, design and construction of a privately-owned, purpose-built demonstration home.
Lessons learned will inform development of a mini-home prototype. And the prototype will inform the creation of the builders’ resource. The builder’s resource will provide regionally relevant, complete home solutions to help builders reduce the technical, cost, insurance, and regulatory barriers to deep green building.
The demonstration home will provide a real life model to:
- showcase deep green principles, methods and products
- raise awareness about the benefits of deep green design
- provide example permitting solutions
- select products and methods for a mini- prototype home
- collect data for analysis – cost, economic, technical, regulatory
- enable post occupancy testing and analysis
- provide virtual and on site tours
- generate industry interest in future Eco Healthy Homes collaboration